OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution
OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® is the newest addition to the OPTI-FREE® Product Family, providing moisture from morning ’til night. In a global survey of more than 10,000 users, OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® demonstrated it delivers outstanding comfort and reduces end-of-day dryness.1,2
OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® is unique as it has a proprietary wetting agent – HydraGlyde® Moisture Matrix – that:
- SURROUNDS THE LENS in a cushion of moisture that allows your eyelid to glide over the surface of the contact lens without irritation3-5
- HELPS FORM A BARRIER to remove protein and reduce lipid deposition3,4,6*
- HOLDS IN MOISTURE for up to 16 hours, keeping the contact lens hydrated throughout the day.3
The HydraGlyde® Moisture Matrix contains special molecules that embed both on AND within the lens so the lens can bring extra moisture into the eye. As a result, it can work independent of the wearer’s own tear film. In addition, HydraGlyde® Moisture Matrix creates a barrier that not only removes protein deposits, but also helps reduce lipid deposits from forming, addressing a serious concern affecting all silicone hydrogel lenses. This helps eliminate another potential source of discomfort in the eye.
OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® contains a proven dual disinfection system that has been used by millions of contact lens wearers worldwide.3 The dual disinfecting agents reduce harmful microorganisms that can cause eye infections.4 This system disinfects all types of soft contact lenses, including silicone hydrogels, and is gentle enough for sensitive eyes.4
OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® is available in 300 mL bottles and 60 mL or 120 mL travel sizes. Also available are a Twin Value Pack with two 300 mL bottles. All cartons contain complementary lens cases.
Always use the contact solution recommended by your eye care professional. Ask them if OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution is right for you. Remember, only your eye care professional can determine the contact lens and solution combination that will work best for you.
Always read and follow the label.
*Along with Tetronic® 1304, during disinfection and storage.
- Results of an ongoing global survey assessed on October 25, 2012. Subjects were provided with a free sample of OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® MPDS to use for two weeks and asked to compare it to their previous lens care solution. Alcon data on file, 2012.
- Lemp J, Kern J. U.S. survey of lens wearer satisfaction with a new multi-purpose disinfecting solution. Optometry 2012;83(7):8.
- Lally J, Ketelson H, Borazjani R, et al. A new lens care solution provides moisture and comfort with today’s CL’s. Optician 4/1/2011, Vol 241 Issue 6296, 42-46.
- Alcon data on file, 2011.
- Davis J, Ketelson HA, Shows A, Meadows DL. A lens care solution designed for wetting silicone hydrogel materials. ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 11, 2010 51:3417.
- Campbell R, Kame G, Leach N, et al. Clinical benefits of a new multi-purpose disinfecting solution in silicone hydrogel and soft contact lens users. Eye & Contact Lens 2012:38(2);93-101.